Be Part of the Little Lakes Team
Little Lakes Machine & Tool Co. is a local company with a difference. We are on a mission to deliver precision craftsmanship to our customers. Our team of highly skilled professionals are called on to design production processes, program equipment, and produce quality parts to precise specifications.
Our growing business is always looking for the next person with the right attitude and skills to help us succeed. If you believe you’re that person, we’d like to hear from you.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
CNC Programmer and Machinist/Tool Maker
The CNC Programmer and Machinist will be responsible to work independently to write highly detailed programs for various precision machining operations as well as set up, operate, and maintain various machines. Individuals could be asked to perform turning, 3 and 4 axis vertical milling, micro-machining, 3 and 4 axis high speed hard milling, all facets of precision grinding, and RAM & WIRE EDM operations. Typical jobs are one-offs or small quantities with multiple assignments being worked on simultaneously. This is not a production shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties performed by employees in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with a 3D Model uses CAM software to select the proper tool and toolpath to ensure the most efficient cycle times and optimal precision machining to meet design requirements.
- Turns the planned machining operation into a computer program containing a set of commands for the machine to follow.
- Testing as necessary to ensure the final product meets all specifications.
- Create general-purpose programs for the assigned machines using the machine control and/or CAM software.
- Load programs to the machine control and test to prove suitability for the assigned job.
- Knowledge of ESPRIT and Camtool is considered an asset.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be undertaken.
- Appropriately load/position material onto CNC machine to ensure successful operation.
- Ensure the machine is set up and production is running according to specification. Verify products are accurate and in conformance to all specifications.
- Operate CNC machines to achieve optimal levels of productivity considering quality, waste, efficiency, and utilization.
- Adhere to all quality procedures as required. Conduct and record all quality checks at regular intervals. Must be capable of identifying equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and all quality defects. Take corrective action to adjust machine and fix defects identified.
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor machine repairs as per machine specific instructions.
- Effectively perform all established machine cleaning procedures.
Quality – CMM Experience (Desired)
- Familiar with CMM technology to inspect a product ensuring the measurements meet the design intent.
- Recommend preventive and corrective actions and defect repair.
- Generate CARs; NCRs and conducts follow up testing to validate corrective actions have been successful.
- Record and report the results of the inspection.
- Verify and sign off on quality control documents for final product as required by LLMT Customers.
- Understand the LLMT Quality Program and ISO 9001: 2015 and related objectives.
COMPANY WIDE EXPECTATIONS
- Communicate effectively and inform the Team Lead of information that may affect the quality of our product and/or service.
- Consistently seek or accept fill in work to perform when automated processing permits to maximize productivity.
- Comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee handbook.
- Comply with company quality procedures as required.
- Must be able to apply for and receive a clear police criminal check for purposes of working with Controlled Goods (i.e., Defence, Military, etc).
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Contribute to a safe workplace environment by following Health and Safety practices and considering safety in all activities.
- Demonstrate teamwork and perform other related work duties to contribute to the success of LLMT as assigned by the Team Lead or Management.
- Co-operate and collaborate with co-workers and management and work in a professional and respectful manner, resulting in a harmonious and productive workplace.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve work processes.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, PDAC and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Share knowledge with co-workers to assist with team development.
- Demonstrate willingness to be flexible in respect to work assignments if customer priorities change.
- Work an afternoon or evening shift, as required.
- Willingly accept any duties that are assigned of a lesser scope i.e., sweeping, etc. to support the company as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill and Abilities required.
- Experience: Minimum five year’s experience programming and operating CNC machines in a non-production environment. Demonstrated problem solving skills. Knowledge of work holding, tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts, and other accessories used on various CNC machines. CMM experience an asset. Licensed machinist preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required, and a College degree in Engineering/Manufacturing preferred, with Programming and CNC Machining designations.
- Programming and Mathematical Skills: Mathematical skills for the purpose of programming and calculating tool manufacturing processes.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to read and write basic English. Ability to communicate effectively; get along with co-workers and management; and deal effectively and professionally under stress.
- Mechanical Skills: Ability to successfully operate the assigned machinery and apply mechanical principals to meet the desired quality and productivity (i.e., efficiency, utilization, and waste) standards.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Innovative problem-solving skills are required to deal with a variety of production issues and machine malfunctions
- Other Skills: High attention to detail. Effective organization and time management skills. Ability to meet expectation of managing multiple work activities at the same time. Ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively and in harmony with other LLMT employees and management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- Uses hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls.
- Frequently required to talk and hear in order to communicate with other employees.
- Required to climb, stoop, bend and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to push or pull with hands or arms, kneel or crouch.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40-60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to distinguish shades, colours, depth perception and peripheral vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level varies in the work environment. For some tasks, employees will require hearing protection (over 85 dB).
- Employee constantly works near moving mechanical parts and occasionally near lift trucks.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or vapours or non-hazardous products.
- Constantly works in a common area shared with others with no division of space.
- Wears all prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE). See Health and Safety document for specifics.
Technical Sales and Customer Service Representative
The Technical Sales and Customer Service Representative role includes a significant amount of quoting activity, customer liaison and support. This ‘support’ is provided via frequent phone calls, e-mails, meetings and site visits (as necessary). You will also be responsible to support new customer acquisition, which facilitates diversification and profitable revenue growth. This could include cold calling, visiting new opportunities or trade show attendance as deemed necessary by management.
VP of Business Development (and President)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties performed in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support in the development and continuous improvement of LLMT’s sales process, including quoting of complex machined parts and tools
- Support all sales activities, including successful RFQ responses (i.e., win quotes) deemed important to drive LLMT’s revenue growth
- Manage pipeline of opportunities, using LLMT’s sales process and tools (such as the CRM)
- Establish and maintain professional business relations with current and new customers
- Provide high quality sales support for current and new customers, acting as a champion of LLMT
- Provide exemplary customer service, evidenced by high customer satisfaction and positive feedback and testimonials
- Possess significant knowledge of the business/industry
- Possess significant relationships within target/potential companies
- Ensure in-depth and current knowledge of potential and existing customers
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Visit customers to review products & applications, evaluate and recommend solutions to suit individual customer needs (as required)
- Collaborate with the management team to develop or refine sales and marketing materials and expand the company’s sales and marketing presence
- Understand the LLMT Quality Program, ISO 9001:2015, and AS9100D
- Work with VP Business Development on LLMT’s sales and marketing plan
- Education: Post-secondary degree/diploma in a science or technical field, business, marketing or engineering OR equivalent industry experience
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive sales experience in companies specializing in high precision parts and tooling
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of quoting process to develop accurate quotes for complex, manufactured components
- Knowledge of complex manufacturing processes, working with a wide variety of materials from plastics to carbide
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Computer skills including experience with ERP’s (LLMT uses Virtual Manufacturing), CRM software, MS Office and virtual conferencing tools
- Project management skills including excellent time management, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated “people” skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Autonomous self-starter that does not need significant management or direction, and knows how to ‘get the job done’
- Someone who brings an extensive network of relationships and who can build, foster, and maintain relationships
- Strong presentation skills and experience preparing professional presentations and materials
- Strong knowledge of effective sales and marketing techniques and strategies
- Knowledge of current LLMT customer industries (including Defense, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Nuclear)
- Demonstrated alignment with LLMT’s values: Honesty & Respect, Accountability, and Innovation
- Ability to travel to potential and/or current customers if/when required
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel if/when required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to provide a clear / clean Police Background check to participate in Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada. Little Lakes will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons, or any other ground protected by the Canadian Human Rights Code.
- Comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate teamwork and perform other related work duties to contribute to the success of LLMT as assigned
- Co-operate and collaborate with co-workers and management and be respectful of all to result in a harmonious and productive workplace
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve work processes
- Share knowledge with co-workers to assist with team development
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in respect to work assignments if customer priorities change
- Willingly accept any duties assigned of lesser scope to support the company as needed
The primary work location will be based out of the Stratford ON office, and majority of the time will be spent there, supporting customers and quoting. This may change over time, based on business requirements. For example, if more customer site visits and prospecting (business development – cold calling) is required. Attendance at business events, functions, trade shows, and conferences may also be required. Ability to travel within North America
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform this job’s essential functions successfully:
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- Frequently required to talk and hear to communicate with customers and other employees.
- Occasionally required to push or pull with hands or arms, kneel or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Fast-paced environment in a dynamic competitive industry
- Daily customer and inter-departmental communication via telephone calls, emails, virtual and/or face-to-face meetings
- Exposure to deadlines, multiple demands, priorities, and interruptions
- Wears all prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) while on site. See Health and Safety document for specifics.
- The noise level varies in the work environment; for some tasks, employees will require hearing protection (over 85 dB).
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or vapors, or non-hazardous products.