Our Corporate Mission
As a highly competent technology partner, we provide complete solutions for technically demanding tooling applications.
Our Corporate Values
Honesty & Respect in everything we do and toward all of our stakeholders.
Accountability for our actions and their impact on our community and environment.
Innovation that challenges the status quo and brings better solutions to our customers.
Be Part of the Little Lakes Team
Little Lakes Machine & Tool Co. is a local company with a difference. We are on a mission to deliver precision craftsmanship to our customers. Our team of highly skilled professionals are called on to design production processes, program equipment, and produce quality parts to precise specifications.
Our growing business is always looking for the next person with the right attitude and skills to help us succeed. If you believe you’re that person, we’d like to hear from you.
Posted: December 16, 2019
Little Lakes Machine & Tool Co. is looking for a dynamic CNC Machinist with at least 5 years of solid experience to work in our team of CNC machinists and Tool & Die makers.
Please do not apply if your experience is insufficient!
You are a creative problem solver who thrives on finding the optimal solution to a challenging manufacturing problem. Your positive attitude and strong willingness to work collaboratively with others on the team will be invaluable assets. The candidate will be responsible to set up, program, operate and maintain one or more machines at a time – involving complex operations to produce precision metal parts. Responsibilities will include, but are never limited to:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or studying sample parts to determine machining operations required.
- Programming in Esprit and/or CamTools and posting programs to machines.
- Machine set-up and production including in-process verification for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Operation of CNC and manual machines to achieve optimal levels of productivity – considering quality, waste, efficiency and utilization in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 procedures while working safely at all times.
- Conducting quality checks at regular intervals including the implementation of corrective actions as necessary
- Preventive maintenance, minor machine repairs and machine cleaning.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent including basic math skills
- Minimum five (5!) years of experience operating CNC lathes, mills or grinders, and manual machines working on metal parts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gauges, indicators and scales
- Intermediate knowledge of work holding, tool holding, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various CNC and manual machines
- Minimum three(3!) years of CAM programming experience
- Proven reasoning and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a pleasant and professional demeanor, be able to handle several tasks at once in a demanding environment, be a self-starter and take initiative to get the job done
- Safety oriented
- Willingness to sign and uphold confidentiality agreements as required from time to time by our customers
- Able to obtain Security Clearance and pass criminal records check if required.
Only those with the above qualifications need apply!